Welcome to the home page of Ken Wetherington, author of the award-winning collection Santa Abella and Other Stories and film instructor for the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Duke University. Public readings and film courses have been suspended for the duration of the pandemic. If you wish to be added to my mailing list, click on the contact link above and let me know. You may follow me on social media by clicking on the icons below.
News and Announcements
- Check out my interview on Artist Soapbox, conducted by Tamara Kissane (2020 Piedmont Laureate for North Carolina). During the half hour conversation, I discuss my writing and read a couple of short excerpts from my work. The interview is also available on Spotify, Google Podcasts, Apple Podcasts, and wherever you get your podcasts.
- RECENT PUBLICATION: The Photoshoot Idle Ink July 2021
- FORTHCOMING PUBLICATIONS:
- “Fooling the Boys” coming soon (likely in November) in The Medley.
- Bookends Review will reprint “The Marsupial Rebellion” in February 2022. It originally appeared in Perspectives Magazine (Toronto) in June 2018.
- Due to the pandemic, I am not currently teaching at the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute. I expect to resume teaching in fall 2022.